Brad Paisley first caught a glimpse of his future wife, actress Kimberly Williams, while watching 1991’s Father of the Bride with a former girlfriend. Needless to say, that girlfriend was long gone by the time Father of the Bride Part II came out in 1995— which Paisley went to see solo. In a 2009 interview with Good Housekeeping magazine, Brad confessed that he was drawn to Kimberly on the silver screen and that he thought, “she seems like a great girl — smart and funny and all those things that are so hard to find.” During an insightful 2015 Meredith Vieria Show interview, Brad Piasley’s wife explained how she and the country music star finally met in real life.
The couple started dating in 2001 and got engaged just eight months later. In 2002, the beautiful actress appeared in the music video for Paisley’s hit song “I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song)” and the music video for “Little Moments”.
“I’m Gonna Miss Her” Music Video
The lovebirds married on March 15, 2003, at the Stauffer Chapel on the campus of California’s Pepperdine University. Fast forward to today, the Paisleys are now proud parents to two young sons, William Huckleberry and Jasper Warren.
Kimberly also appears in the 2003 music video for “Little Moments,” which Paisley wrote about his new wife.
“Little Moments” Music Video
With two busy lives, how do they make their relationship work?
“No matter what happens in our marriage, we try to find humor in it, even on the darkest day,” Kimberly shared with Closer Weekly. “Brad’s always said, ‘If you can laugh about it one day, then why not start now?’ He always makes me laugh, so I am grateful for that.”
They also take time out to just quietly enjoy each other’s company, “I’ll have a glass of wine, Brad might have a cigar and we’ll talk. We just love being relaxed together at home.”
Kimberly Williams-Paisley Fast Facts
- In 1998, she made her Broadway debut as Sunny Freitag in ‘The Last Night of Ballyhoo.’
- She supports the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research and St. Jude’s Hospital.
- Her acting career began at age thirteen.
- She took time off from Northwestern University to make Father of the Bride, but returned to finish her degree.
- Kimberly played the calculating Peggy Kenter on the popular TV series Nashville.
- Kimberly turned 48 years old on September 14, 2019 and Brad Paisley is 47 years old (born October 28, 1972).
- Her book Where the Light Gets In, details her mother Linda’s battle with a rare form of dementia called primary progressive aphasia and the way her family has rallied to understand the disease and accept the reality of Linda’s declining condition. Sadly, Kimberly’s mother passed away in 2016.
- Along with Brad, Kimberly is working hard on a free grocery store project called “The Store” in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Fans can catch Kimberly playing ‘Emily’ in the “Jolene” episode of Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings on Netflix.
- Kimberly helped promote ABC’s Brad Paisley Thinks He’s Special, which aired on Tuesday, December 3rd (8:00-9:01 p.m. EST).