Brad Paisley first caught a glimpse of his future wife, actress Kimberly Williams, while watching 1991’s Father of the Bride with a former girlfriend. Needless to say, that girlfriend was long gone by the time Father of the Bride Part II came out in 1995. Paisley went to see that film solo. In a 2009 interview with Good Housekeeping magazine, Brad confessed that he was drawn to Kimberly on the silver screen and that he thought, “she seems like a great girl — smart and funny and all those things that are so hard to find.”
Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams have a love story that is as sweet as it is enduring. From their first meeting in 1999 to their present-day marriage, their love has withstood the test of time and continues to inspire fans around the world. During an insightful 2015 Meredith Vieria Show interview, Brad Paisley’s wife explained how she and the country music star finally met in real life. Watch the video below!
The couple met in 1999 when Kimberly Williams starred in Brad Paisley’s music video for “I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song).” Brad was immediately drawn to Kimberly’s beauty and personality, and the two quickly hit it off. They began dating soon after, and it wasn’t long before Brad knew that Kimberly was the one for him.
In 2002, Brad proposed to Kimberly during a family trip to Venice, Italy. He got down on one knee and presented her with a beautiful diamond ring. Kimberly, of course, said yes, and the two began planning their wedding.
The lovebirds married on March 15, 2003, at the Stauffer Chapel on the campus of California’s Pepperdine University. Fast forward to today, the Paisleys are now proud parents to two young sons, William Huckleberry and Jasper Warren. Brad and Kimberly just celebrated their 20thth wedding anniversary in 2023!
With two busy lives, how do they make their relationship work?
“No matter what happens in our marriage, we try to find humor in it, even on the darkest day,” Kimberly shared with Closer Weekly. “Brad’s always said, ‘If you can laugh about it one day, then why not start now?’ He always makes me laugh, so I am grateful for that.”
They also take time out to just quietly enjoy each other’s company, “I’ll have a glass of wine, Brad might have a cigar and we’ll talk. We just love being relaxed together at home.”
View this post on Instagram
Brad Paisley’s Wife, Kimberly Williams-Paisley Fast Facts:
- In 1998, she made her Broadway debut as Sunny Freitag in ‘The Last Night of Ballyhoo.’
- She supports the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research and St. Jude’s Hospital.
- Her acting career began at age thirteen.
- She took time off from Northwestern University to make Father of the Bride, but returned to finish her degree.
- Kimberly played the calculating Peggy Kenter on the popular TV series Nashville.
- Kimberly is 52 years old (born September 14, 1971) and Brad Paisley is 50 years old (born October 28, 1972).
- Her book Where the Light Gets In, details her mother Linda’s battle with a rare form of dementia called primary progressive aphasia and the way her family has rallied to understand the disease and accept the reality of Linda’s declining condition. Sadly, Kimberly’s mother passed away in 2016.
- Along with Brad, Kimberly is working hard on a free grocery store project called “The Store” in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Fans can watch Kimberly playing ‘Emily’ in the “Jolene” episode of Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings on Netflix.
Their love story has been an inspiration to many, and they are often seen as a model couple in the entertainment industry. Despite their fame and success, they remain grounded and committed to each other. They have been through their share of ups and downs, but they have always come out stronger on the other side.