Emerging country music artist Brett Young, 35, hails from sunny Orange County, California. Learn more about the rising star here!
1. Brett Young played college baseball. He was a pitcher for the University of Mississippi. Coming out of high school, he was called by two professional baseball teams, Tampa Bay and Minnesota. After serious consideration, Young decided to play in college to improve his draft stock. However, his baseball career ended after an elbow injury.
2. He stands tall at 6’6″. Between his height and his blue eyes, no wonder he draws the girls’ attention. His height definitely contributes to his athletic ability as well.
3. Young has a planned list of activities when he can’t sleep. Young admits that his favorite thing to do when he can’t sleep is to drink a glass of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey. The list also includes activities such as watching TV, listening to old music, and resisting the temptations of a late-night snack.
4. His first performances were leading worship services. When he was in high school, he was asked to perform on stage with the worship leader. The next week, Young led the service all by himself. Now he’s a budding country music star!
5. Young intends to carry on producing clean music. He wants his music to be available to all audiences. Young believes music should be made that men, women and children of all ages can listen to without being offended.
Watch this 1 minute interview to learn more about Brett Young.
Don’t forget to share these interesting Brett Young facts with other country music fans!