Dierks Bentley first encountered his future wife Cassidy Black during their 8th grade middle school days in Phoenix, Arizona. Dierks didn’t really know Cassidy until he dated her best friend— but she soon captured his full attention. The pair spent years on-and-off dating and finally decided to get serious in February 2005, after she visited him on the road in Las Vegas.
“I remember seeing her walk on the bus, and I just knew”—he snaps his fingers—“I just knew, ‘I’ve gotta make this work. I don’t care how busy I am. This is the one I want to be with,’ recalled Bentley during a 2009 interview with Country Weekly.
The lovebirds eloped in Mexico right after Dierks popped the question on December 17, 2005. The pair now have three gorgeous children, Evelyn Day Bentley (October 4, 2008), Jordan Catherine Bentley (December 25, 2010) and Knox (October 9, 2013). Evie’s vocals are featured on the on the track “Thinking of You.” Checkout their 2012 live performance below.
Cassidy Black Quick Facts
- Bentley’s new album Black was partly named after his wife’s maiden name.
- Cassidy ran in the 2014 Boston Marathon in 3:33:38. Impressive.
- The couple have two dogs, Jake and George.
- Dierks and Cassidy dubbed their first family home in Nashville “a slice of pie” due to its unique triangular shape.
- Cassidy can cook a mean salmon dish.
- The couple loves watching movies and playing a competitive game of Monopoly together.
Dierks and Cassidy are in such a good place in their lives together and have such a neat backstory. We need more couples like this in the limelight!