Country music star Dierks Bentley’s wife, Cassidy Black Bentley, first came into his life during their 8th grade middle school days in Phoenix, Arizona. Dierks didn’t really know Cassidy until he dated her best friend— but she soon captured his full attention. The pair spent years on-and-off dating and finally decided to get serious in February 2005, after she visited him on the road in Las Vegas.
“We met in eighth grade, back in Arizona. It’s a pretty crazy story of just going back and forth with the right time or the wrong time, or right place, wrong time, all that stuff,” Dierks once told reporters. “Finally, I was playing a show in Las Vegas, and opening for George Strait, and she walked on the bus. I kind of knew that that was the moment.”
Dierks Bentley’s Wife, Cassidy Black BentleyThe lovebirds eloped in Mexico right after Dierks popped the question on December 17, 2005.
“I ended that tour in Las Vegas, playing the House of Blues, and we went to Mexico, and three days later, we got married,” the star explained. “Probably one of the things I’m most grateful for is some of the success coming later as it has, because it’s really nice to share it with somebody. When it starts, it’s so nice to share a lot of ups, a lot of downs, a lot of in-between moments with her. It’s been a crazy, crazy ride.”
Dierks’ Birthday Tribute to Cassidy
View this post on Instagram
“I fell in love with a wild wild wild wild woman, and I’m wild for her” @ilsey @rosscopperman Happy late birthday to my person. I love you. I love this journey around the sun together. I love that you sit in the middle seat of an old truck with no a/c for five hour drives into the desert. Says a lot about you. total gamer. for me and my crazy ideas, for our kids, and for this mountain life adventure the last 7 months. Love you cass. Wild for you. Always will be.
The pair now have three beautiful children, Evelyn Day Bentley (born October 4, 2008), Jordan Catherine Bentley (born December 25, 2010), and Knox (born October 9, 2013). So far, Evie is showing the most love for singing and sometimes joins her father on stage!
Dierks and Evie
Cassidy Black Bentley – Quick Facts
- Bentley’s album Black was partly named after his wife’s maiden name. She also stars in the title track’s sexy music video!
- In 2017, Cassidy successfully completed the Boston Marathon for a second time in an amazing 3 hours and 26 minutes! This time she ran to support a cause dear to her heart— Nashville’s Safe Haven, a homeless shelter for families.
- The couple’s two dogs, Jake and George, were the couple’s first ‘babies.’ Sadly, Jake passed away in 2016 and George passed away in May 2019.
- Dierks and Cassidy dubbed their first family home in Nashville “a slice of pie” due to its unique triangular shape.
- Cassidy can cook a mean salmon dish.
- The couple loves watching movies and playing a competitive game of Monopoly together.
- Dierks Bentley’s Age – Dierks is 44 years old and was born November 20, 1975.
- Cassidy Black Bentley’s Age – Cassidy Bentley is 45 years old and was born September 6, 1975.