Don’t miss any Country Music News as we provide a summary of the major new events for each month of the year. Watch the video to see the Country Music news highlights for January of 2021 and check out the details below.
Country Music News for January of 2021 (Video)
Here are the top country music news stories for January of 2021 organized by 4 weekly periods.
Country Music News: January 25, 2021 – January 31, 2021
- Riverside County, California, canceled April’s Stagecoach Country Music Festival, citing the ongoing pandemic.
- Kris Kristofferson announced his retirement and Morris Higham Management will oversee his estate.
- Tyler Farr and his wife, Hannah, welcomed a daughter, Hollis Caroline Farr born January 27. 2021.
- On January 26, 2021, Miranda Lambert and her husband Brendan celebrated their 2nd Wedding Anniversary.
Country Music News: January 18, 2021 – January 24, 2021
- Morgan Wallen’s “Wasted On You” debuted at #1 on Billboard’s country singles chart. His “Dangerous: The Double Album” debuted at #1 on the Billboard country albums chart
- Carrie Underwood and husband Mike Fisher‘s youngest son, Jacob Fisher, turned 2 years old on January 21, 2021.
- Jake Owen made his first movie role as “Our Friend” debuted in theaters
- Lady A was invited by Darius Rucker to join the Grand Ole Opry as they tape a performance for the NBC special “Grand Ole Opry: 95 Years Of Country Music”
- Tyler Hubbard and Tim McGraw sang “Undivided” as multiple TV networks aired the inaugural special “Celebrating America.” Other inaugaration performanced included: Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Foo Fighters, Justin Timberlake and John Legend (January 20, 2021).
- Garth Brooks performed “Amazing Grace” following Joe Biden’s inaugural speech at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. Lady Gaga delivered the national anthem, and Jennifer Lopez offered a mashup of “This Land Is Your Land” and “America, The Beautiful” (January 20, 2021).
- Dolly Parton turned 75 years old on January 19, 2021.
Country Music News: January 11, 2021 – January 17, 2021
- Donald Trump presented Toby Keith and Ricky Skaggs the National Medal of Arts in the East Room of the White House.
- Gabby Barrett and husband Cade Foehner welcomed a daughter, Baylah May Foehner on January 18, 2021.
- A Tennessee legislator introduced a bill to create a statue of Dolly Parton that would reside at the Capitol in Nashville.
Country Music News: January 1, 2021 – January 10, 2021
- Buck McCoy (a musician who lost his possessions in the Nashville Christmas bombing) revealed that Brad Paisley gifted him with a new guitar, allowing him to continue performing at clubs in downtown Nashville
- Country star Shania Twain and her husband (Frédéric Thiébaud) celebrated their 10th Wedding Anniversary on January 1, 2021.
- Lady A performed “Champagne Night” and Rascal Flatts did “How They Remember You” during “The Rose Parade’s New Year Celebration,” that aired on ABC and NBC. The program also featured Tori Kelly, Sheryl Crow and Mickey Guyton.
- Clay Walker and his wife, Jessica, welcomed a son Christiaan Michael Walker in Houston, Texas on January 5, 2021.
- The Catholic church reportedly granted an annulment to Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale. This clears the way for Stefani to marry Blake Shelton via rules of the Catholic Church.
- Singer/songwriter Ed Bruce passed away on January 8, 2021 in Clarksville, Tennessee. He wrote Charlie Louvin’s “See The Big Man Cry,” Tanya Tucker’s “Texas (When I Die)” and Waylon & Willie’s “Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys”
- Big Loud released Morgan Wallen’s “Dangerous: The Double Album”.
- Runaway June’s Jennifer Wayne married singer/songwriter Austin Moody in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida on January 9, 2021
- Luke Combs’ wife, Nicole Hocking, revealed that she battled COVID-19 over the holidays.
Remember to “share” the country music news highlights from January of 2021 with other Country Music fans!