Country music singer-songwriter Chris Stapleton exploded onto the country music scene in 2015 with his double-platinum debut solo-album Traveller. The “Tennessee Whiskey” singer seemed to have come out of nowhere, but in actuality Stapleton had been writing and performing in Nashville for almost a decade.
Now Stapleton promises to rise to new heights with his newest release titled From A Room: Volume 1. The record debuted at No. 1 on Billboard Country Albums, No. 1 on the Billboard Top Album Sales, and No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200!
Not to mention 13.5 million online streams, marking the highest all-time streaming debut for any country artist— a new country music record!
Not too shabby!
The album was recorded in the iconic RCA Studio A in Nashville, hence the name, which hosted such previous talents as Elvis Presley and Dolly Parton and contains nine new songs including a Willie Nelson cover.
Chris Stapleton, From A Room, Volume 1 Track Listing:
1. “Broken Halos” (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
2. “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning” (Gary P. Nunn, Donna Sioux Farar)
3. “Second One to Know” (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
4. “Up to No Good Livin’” (Chris Stapleton and Casey Beathard)
5. “Either Way” (Chris Stapleton, Tim James, Kendall Marvel)
6. “I Was Wrong” (Chris Stapleton, Craig Wiseman)
7. “Without Your Love” (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
8. “These Stems” (Chris Stapleton, Jimmy Stewart, Shawn Camp)
9. “Death Row” (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
Stapleton has had to adjust to all his success in the past two years, but the talented songwriter has stayed humble in his outlook. In a recent interview with CBS, Stapleton talked about his view on making music.
“I don’t see myself as some kind of fightin’-the-good-fight guy. But I always feel like if you don’t like one kind of music or the other, it’s just not for you. I’m only worried about what I’m doing or how I present music. I just try to do things I want to listen to, and I think that’s what everybody else is try doing, too.” Stapleton said.
Enjoy his take on Willie Nelson’s “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning” below!
Share this well-deserved accomplishment with other fans of this talented Kentucky native!