Lady Antebellum‘s highly-anticipated Ocean album is set for release on November 15th! This record marks a new beginning that brings the trio back to their roots, showcasing their familiar vocal interplay and individual instruments on the emotionally resonant 13-track project. Lady A chronicles personal relationships and everyday responsibilities with a balance of growth and maturity that could only come from 13 years of creating together. Ocean is available now for pre-order at all digital retailers here.
“There’s this theme of returning to the core of who we are—as writers, vocalists and people—that came out in each of these songs,” Dave Haywood explains. “Our time in the studio with Dann had an excitement that felt like we were making our first album all over again.”
Produced by first-time collaborator Dann Huff, Ocean is full of depth and despair. Moments like “Be Patient with My Love,” which Kelley co-wrote as a beautiful ode to commitment, balance raw feelings with squealing guitars. With its title-track, Scott’s bare vocal puts a bow on the album’s core reminding us of life’s beauty even when we get caught in its undertow.
“It’s such a cinematic and theatrical melody with a message that became the cornerstone of this record for us,” adds Scott. “Ocean is all of the things that we think and feel when we hear the word. This album is immersed in life stories about barely keeping your head above water all the way to those times that make you feel like everything is smooth sailing.”
Ocean Album Track Listing and Songwriters
1. “What If I Never Get Over You” (Sam Ellis, Jon Green, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz)
2. “Pictures” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder)
3. “Crazy Love” (Charles Kelley, Nathan Chapman)
4. “You Can Do You” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Corey Crowder, Jordan Schmidt)
5. “What I’m Leaving For” (Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath, Laura Veltz)
6. “Be Patient With My Love” (Charles Kelley, Dave Barnes, Ben West)
7. “Alright” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Busbee, Justin Ebach)
8. “Let It Be Love” (Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds, Amy Wadge)
9. “On A Night Like This” (Dave Barnes)
10. “Boots” (Charles Kelley, Ross Copperman)
11. “The Thing That Wrecks You” feat. Little Big Town (Daniel Tashian, Tenille Townes, Kate York)
12. “Mansion” (Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
13. “Ocean” (Tofer Brown, Sarah Buxton, Abe Stoklasa)
Watch Lady Antebellum perform the title track, “Ocean,” below!