December 8th is a big day for country music star Luke Bryan— he’s dropping his sixth studio album, What Makes You Country, and ringing in his 11th wedding anniversary with his wife Caroline Boyer Bryan!
Instead of enjoying an intimate celebration with his lady love, Luke will be in New York City promoting his latest project. Not exactly romantic…
“So I am very good about anniversaries and stuff like that, but when we were planning the album and putting it out, we were throwing all these dates around,” Luke shared with Ty, Kelly & Chuck. “I’m at the house, and I’m like, ‘Yeah, Baby, I’ll be up in New York and the album comes out the eighth.’ She looked at me and goes, ‘Hmm, interesting day for an album release.’ And I said, ‘I’m sorry, Baby.’ And then you try to spin it. ‘Well, Baby, just come to New York and we’ll eat great food and we’ll walk and go look at people at Rockefeller Plaza.’ She’s like, ‘You work 20 hours a days during album release [week] . . . but I’ll be there.’”
Oops. Hopefully Luke will reserve some quality time in the Big Apple for his supportive spouse! Bring lots of wine, Caroline…
It’s easy to understand how Luke made this snafu in the first place— he’s got a lot going on!
The Georgia native just announced that he will perform an intimate show for fans on Monday, December 11th at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles to mark his album’s release. In February, Luke will launch the What Makes You Country Tour and in March he will debut alongside Lionel Richie and Katy Perry as a judge on American Idol.
What Makes You Country Track List:
1. What Makes You Country – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
2. Out Of Nowhere – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
3. Light It Up – Luke Bryan, Brad Tursi
4. Most People Are Good – David Frasier, Ed Hill, Josh Kear
5. Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset – Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill
6. Bad Lovers – Justin Wilson, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman
7. Drinking Again – David Lee Murphy, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
8. Land Of A Million Songs – Luke Bryan, Jeff Stevens, Jody Stevens
9. Like You Say You Do – Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Ashley Gorley
10. Hooked On It – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, David Lee Murphy
11. She’s A Hot One – Michael Carter, Chase McGill
12. Hungover In A Hotel Room – Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear
13. Pick It Up – Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson, Matthew Dragstrem
14. Driving This Thing – Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jody Stevens
15. Win Life – Rodney Clawson, Ross Copperman, Nicolle Galyon
Though not exactly perfectly planned, we hope Luke and Caroline enjoy their upcoming 11th wedding anniversary together! Share this update with other fans of the couple.