Check out these Vince Gill facts and see how much you really know about this talented songwriter, musician and artist.
15 Interesting Vince Gill Facts
- Vince Gill was born in Norman, Oklahoma on April 12, 1957
- He has achieved fame and early success as the frontman to the country rock band Pure Prairie League in the 1970sHe achieved success as a solo artist beginning in 1983 as a vocalist and talented musician that placed him in high demand as a guest vocalist and a duet partner.
- Gill has also earned 22 Grammy Awards, more than any other male country music artist.
- He has recorded more than 20 studio albums
- Vince has charted over 40 singles on the U.S. Billboard charts as Hot Country Songs, and has sold more than 26 million albums
- He has been honored by the Country Music Association with 18 CMA Awards, including two Entertainer of the Year awards and five Male Vocalist Awards. As of 2021
- In 1997, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame
- Vince Gill married fellow music artist Amy Grant on March 10, 2000
- In 2005, Vince Gill was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame
- On October 28, 2007 he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame
- On February 4, 2016, Gill was inducted into the Guitar Center Rock Walk by Joe Walsh of the Eagles
- In 2017, Vince Gill and Deacon Frey were hired by the Eagles in place of the late Glenn Frey
- Gill has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry since August 10, 1991 and he celebrated his 25th Opry anniversary with a tribute show on August 13, 2016
- On January 12, 2018, Vince Gill welcomed his first granddaughter into the world! Gill’s daughter Jenny and her husband Josh Van Valkenburg named their little one Everly June Van Valkenburg. The couple also has a 3-year-old son named Wyatt.
- Jenny is Vince’s daughter from his first marriage and she is married to country music singer Janis Oliver of Sweethearts of the Rodeo.
Vince and Amy GrantRemember to share these Vince Gill Facts with other Country Music fans.