Country music duo Maddie and Tae blasted onto the country music scene in 2014 with their debut single “Girl in a Country Song,” and since then they’ve taken the world by storm. This song quickly reached #1 on the charts, making them only the second female duo in history to reach #1 with a debut single. They’ve been nominated for several awards, including 3 CMT Music awards, 3 CMA awards, 3 Academy of Country Music awards, and 2 Radio Disney Music awards.
Enjoy these 6 lesser-known Maddie & Tae facts below!
1. Madison Marlow and Taylor Dye met while going to the same vocal coach in Dallas, Texas. Dallas was halfway between their hometowns— Maddie is from Sugar Land, Texas and Tae is from Ada, Oklahoma.
2. While still in high school, the talented duo was first went by the name “Sweet Alaina.”
3. Their song “Sierra” was inspired by a bully who tormented Maddie in high school.
4. Maddie is Jewish and actively supports Jewish Charities.
5. They teamed up with Bloomingdales to release their first ever clothing line this fall. It’s called “AQUA x Maddie and Tae.”
6. Their joint bucket list consists of — being a members of the Grand Ole Opry and headlining a tour.
Share these bits of trivia with other Maddie & Tae fans!