Current mood: Excited. Why? Dustin Lynch‘s newest album is heading our way, and it’s unlike anything we’ve ever heard from him before.
The country music artist’s new album “Current Mood,” set for release on September 8th, explains exactly what it says it’s going to: his current mood! It’s an audible representation of his current situation and how he feels about it. While he’s beginning to see his friends start to settle down, Dustin is doing quite the opposite! He’s fast-paced, playful, and gung-ho, and that’s exactly what he aimed to capture in his new album.
So what can we expect to hear exactly? Rolling Stone describes it as a more up-beat sound than his usual. It’s a little more more pop, a little less twang. Despite deviating from his usual sound however, the songs are still truly connected to Lynch at his roots.
“Every single song on here, I lived through or felt over the course of those three years,” Lynch shared in an interview with The Boot. “The vision was be honest, be real and make sure all of these songs were something I really feel inside every time I sing them.”
With the help of producers Ross Copperman, Zach Crowel, Mickey Jack Cones, Brent Anderson, Will Weatherly, and Broken Bow Records, the 13-track album came to life just in time. Just in time, that is, for Lynch’s upcoming Ride or Die Tour this fall. From Nov. 3 to Dec. 17, Lynch will hit the road to share his new tracks with us, live.
Dustin Lynch, Current Mood Track Listing:
1. “I’d Be Jealous Too” (Dustin Lynch, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)
2. “Seein’ Red” (Tully Kennedy, Kurt Allison, Steve Bogard, Jason Sever)
3. “Small Town Boy” (Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Kyle Fishman)
4. “Why We Call Each Other” (Dustin Lynch, Lee Miller, Ross Copperman)
5. “Here We Come” (Dustin Lynch, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite)
6. “Love Me or Leave Me Alone” (Dustin Christensen, Chris Gelbuda)
7. “Back on It” (Brent Anderson, Will Weatherly, Smith Ahnquist)
8. “I Wish You Were Beer” (Jon Nite, Josh Osborne, Justin Ebach)
9. “State Lines” (Dustin Lynch, Kyle Fishman, Andy Albert)
10. “Party Song” (Brett Tyler, Craig Wiseman, Morgan Wallen)
11. “New Girl” (Dustin Lynch, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley)
12. “Why Not Tonight” (Dustin Lynch, Jimmy Robbins, Jon Nite)
13. “Sun Don’t Go Down on That” (Dustin Lynch, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)
Share this with other excited Dustin Lynch fans!