The Chris Stapleton Amanda song cover has been completed by Chris and Morgane with several live performances.
Recently, the “Tennessee Whiskey” singer and his wife were a part of a tribute to the great songwriter Don Williams, titled Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams. The project was put together in celebration of Williams’ 78th birthday.
Stapleton chose to cover the iconic song “Amanda”, which was made famous by Waylon Jennings in 1974. Stapleton chose to honor the song as a duo with his wife Morgane, which gave the song so much more depth by giving the heroine in the song a “voice”.
The tribute project will have 11-tracks, including the smash Williams hits “Some Broken Hearts Never Mend,” “Tulsa Time” and “I Believe in You”. Williams decided to retire from his music career in May of 2016.
“It’s time to hang my hat up and enjoy some quiet time at home,” Williams said. “I’m so thankful for my fans, my friends and my family for their everlasting love and support.”
You can check out “Amanda” performances covered by Chris and Morgan Stapleton, below!
Chris Stapleton Amanda Grand Ole Opry Performance
Chris Stapleton took the stage with his band and his wife to perform “Amanda” live at the Grand Ole Opry in 2013.
Chris Stapleton Amanda Video
Check out the track listing below.
Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams Track Listing:
1. “Tulsa Time” – Pistol Annies
2. “I Believe in You” – Brandy Clark
3. “We’ve Got a Good Fire Goin’” – Lady Antebellum
4. “Some Broken Hearts Never Mend” – Dierks Bentley
5. “Amanda” – Chris Stapleton feat. Morgane Stapleton
6. “Till the Rivers All Run Dry” – Alison Krauss
7. “Love Is on a Roll” – John Prine feat. Roger Cook
8. “If I Needed You” – Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires
9. “Maggie’s Dream” – Trisha Yearwood
10. “Lord I Hope This Day Is Good” – Keb’ Mo’
11. “Good Ole Boys Like Me” – Garth Brooks
Remember to share the Chris Stapleton Amanda cover with other Country Music fans.