1) The Grammy Awards is an annual event that provides 12 awards to various categories of Country Music. The 2016 Grammy Awards were on Monday, February 15th and featured a night of great music, fashion and big winners across a broad range of performance categories. Country Music had a strong showing at the 2016 Grammy Awards.
2) The Academy of Country Music Awards is also referred to as the ACM Awards has a long established track record of honoring Country Music accomplishments dating back to 1966. The annual awards show if typically in April or May of each year and is usually hosted in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. There are 13 ACM Award Categories presented each year.
3) The American Country Countdown Awards is also referred to as the ACC Awards and is typically around the May time-frame each year. This award show has had a long run of over 43 years honoring the top stars in Country Music based on album sales and radio airplay. The radio show launched in 1973 and airs on over 280 radio stations. The American Country Countdown Awards is produced by Dick Clark Productions.
4) The Billboard Music Awards (BBMA) is an annual event typically in May of each year. The Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital songs sales, radio airplay, streaming, touring and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Music and Next Big Sound. The 2016 awards were based on the reporting period of tracking dates March 23, 2015 through March 17, 2016 and Billboard chart dates April 11, 2015 through April 2, 2016. There are several Billboard award categories for Country Music including: Top Country Artist, Top Country Album, and Top Country Song.
5) The Country Music Television (CMT Awards) is an annual event typically around June of each year. CMT kicked off the 2016 CMT Music Awards which aired live from Nashville on June 8. Performers for the 2016 award show included Blake Shelton and The Oak Ridge Boys, Chris Stapleton, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban with Brett Eldredge and Maren Morris, Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett, Cam and Fifth Harmony, Dierks Bentley with Elle King, Billy Ray Cyrus with Cheap Trick, Carrie Underwood, Pitbull with Leona Lewis and Cassadee Pope, and Little Big Town with Pharrell Williams. The 2016 CMT Awards featured several great Country Music moments.
6) The American Music Awards is also referred to as the AMA Awards and is hosted each Fall (the event for 2015 was hosted in late November). The American Music Awards features performances from today’s hottest artists and presents fan-voted awards in the categories of Pop/Rock, Alternative Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Adult Contemporary, Contemporary Inspirational, Latin, EDM, Soundtrack, Artist of the Year, New Artist of the Year Presented by Kohl’s, Song of the Year and Collaboration of the Year Un-leashed by T-Mobile and Artist of the Year. There are 4 Country Music Awards at the annual event including: Favorite Male Artist – Country, Favorite Female Artist – Country, Favorite Band, Duo or Group – Country, and Favorite Album – Country.
7) The Country Music Association (CMA) has been hosting an annual Country Music awards show for over 50 years. The annual CMA Awards event is conducted in November of each year in Nashville, Tennessee. The Country Music Association Awards, are also referred to as the CMA Awards or CMAs. The awards are presented to country music artists and industry broadcasters to recognize outstanding achievements in the Country Music Industry.
The top Music Award events provide Country Music entertainment throughout the year. Hopefully this served as a helpful guide to the various music awards that cover the Country Music industry.Remember to “share” this with other fans of Country Music.