John Prine is still producing music today. In fact, he just released an album last year titled For Better, or Worse. Take this fun quiz to see how well you know John Prine. Be sure to check the bottom of the page for answers!
1. Where was John Prine born?
2. How old is he?
3. What year did Prine release his debut album?
4. What is the title of John Prine’s 2016 album?
a.) Fair & Square
c.) Aimless Love
d.) For Better, or Worse
5. Which unusual job did he have before music?
6. Which famous music artist played harmonica at a John Prine concert?
a.) Johnny Cash
b.) Bob Dylan
c.) Jimi Hendrix
d.) Eric Clapton
7. Is John Prine a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame?
c.) He will be someday
d.) He is not qualified
8. Does John Prine still tour?
c.) He never has
d.) He is too sick
9. What is the name of the music label created by Prine?
a.) Atlantic Records
b.) Oh Boy Records
c.) Pacific Records
d.) Oh Girl Records
10. Which famous musician admits to using John Prine for inspiration?
a.) Jimi Hendrix
b.) Bob Dylan
c.) Johnny Cash
d.) Billy Joel
- He was born in Maywood, Illinois
- He was born on October 10, 1946
- For Better, or Worse
- He was a mailman for five years
- Bob Dylan
- Yes. He was inducted in 2003
- Yes! Check out his website for dates and locations
- Oh Boy Records was formed in 1984
- Johnny Cash
Be sure to share this fun quiz with other John Prine fans!