Before marrying Brittany Kerr on March 21, 2015, Jason Aldean was married to first wife Jessica Ussery for eleven years before the pair separated and filed for divorce. Learn more about the original Mrs. Aldean below!
1. Jason and Jessica first met during high school at Macon, Georgia’s Windsor Academy back when Jason was known as “Jason Aldine Williams.”
2. She’s the mother of Jason’s two daughters, Keeley (born in 2003) and Kendyl (born in 2007).
3. Jessica was born in Georgia on October 18, 1979 and is now 36-years-old.
4. While married to Jason, she went by “Jessica Williams” to reflect his actual surname.
5. Before hitting the skids, Ussery and Aldean were extremely close. “We’re best friends,” Aldean told Nashville Music Scene in 2011. “I don’t even know if you can describe it … I mean, it just doesn’t work without her, you know what I mean?”
6. Jessica used to deal with Jason’s finances and other business matters. “She handles all the stuff I don’t want to handle,” Aldean confessed to The Boot in 2011. “I’m the guy who wants to play my music and meet my fans. She picks up the phone and makes the business call. When it comes to the music, she’ll give me her opinion if I ask her but that’s about it. It works out pretty good.”
7. Despite trying to repair their failing marriage, the couple split seven months after his cheating scandal with Brittany Kerr, a former “American Idol” contestant and Charlotte Bobcats cheerleader, publicly surfaced.
8. Surprisingly enough, it was Jason— not Jessica— who filed the official divorce papers on April 26, 2013. He cited “irreconcilable differences.”
9. Jessica has given love another chance and married Jake Marlin, an electric lineman and father of two, in Florida on October 17th, 2015.We wish Jessica the best as she builds a new life with Jake!