Check out these 9 totally random facts about Blake Shelton and test your trivia knowledge.
Blake Shelton, 40, made waves in the country music scene with his 2001 debut single “Austin.” Since his big introduction, the Grammy Award nominated singer has charted 31 country singles, including an incredible 21 number one hits.
Besides his music career, he is also known for his work on reality TV singing competitions and his high-profile relationships— from 2003 to 2006 he was married to high school sweetheart Kaynette Williams, from 2011 to 2015 he was married to fellow country star Miranda Lambert, and he’s currently romancing ska-pop pioneer Gwen Stefani.
Check out more interesting Blake Shelton tidbits below!
1) In the early 2000’s Shelton was a proud pet parent to a turkey he named “Turkey.” Sadly, his feathered friend died of heat stroke in the summer of 2003.
2) Blake knew his curly mullet looked bad, but kept it for the sole purpose of irking people.
4) Shelton’s older brother, Richie, died in a car accident in 1990 when Blake was just 14-years old. Richie’s death inspired Blake and Miranda to write the tune “Over You” together, which was then recorded by Lambert.
5) The rugged Oklahoma native detests one thing above all— bare feet. He doesn’t think that a simple pair of flip-flops is enough coverage either…
6) Blake used to get mistaken for fellow country music artist, Joe Nichols. So much so, that people at festivals used to get mad at Blake for not playing songs they thought he was famous for— oops.
7) “Austin” almost wasn’t Shelton’s first single. Initially he was supposed to record “I Wanna Talk About Me,” which was later released by Toby Keith.
8) His mom put him in pageants as a child. He was so humiliated by the experience of performing Ted Nugent’s “Cat Scratch Fever” and Bob Seger’s “Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll” at the glitzy events that he almost quit singing for good.
9) In 2008, a fan gave Blake a live iguana lizard as a gift. He didn’t discover his ‘special friend’ until he got onto his tour bus and it jumped on him.
10) Blake considers “Ol’ Red” to be his signature song and loves performing the tune live.
Now you know tons more about the amusing entertainer. Share this with other Blake Shelton fans!